Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

best pic to pic wireless link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
or they may be the answer! what concerns me most is the thick stone wall it has to penetrate i have real problems with internet wireless routers in the main office because of the walls. as i have ordered the cheaper units already i will give them a try, if they dont work then i will go straight for the exspensive ones and LG can have the cheapies to play with

All RF links will struggle with such a thick stone wall, It would provide a more reliable data link if the wall was eliminated all together.
By mounting the tranciever outside in a waterproof box and running a power/data cable through the wall it will prove to be a far better solution.
I have used a TI rf part in the past and they are pretty good, the CC1110 should be even better as the internal processor takes care of everything for you, unlike the basic fm modules.
I would be interested to see what range you get on the default settings, the walls will reduce this considerably.
I have purchased from Ciseco several times and found them to be reasonably priced and reliable.

Regards,
Leftfield95

Or just mount the aerial outside? - same applies to your WiFi.

the router for the wifi is in the same building just in the room next to my office, its a realy old building and for some odd reason the internal walls are even thicker than the outer walls!, i could mount outside but it would need alot of internal wireing to get it to where i want it, i am probally being lazy but i would prefer a wireless solution i can just plug in.the unit it will be connected to is just for monitoring whats going on. when the units arrive i will let you know how it goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back