Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best optical illusion ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceadwian

Banned
Get this image to fit on your screen completely. Then walk about 10-15 feet away and view it at that distance.
**broken link removed**

I only have 3 meters from my monitor to the wall. Resizing did the same thing.

So does taking off your glasses.

Last edited:
Wow, that is freaky, did it turn into Marylin Monroe? Did I see it right?

Put that as your wallpaper for your PC at work if your cubicle and monitor are in a position that passerbys or people approaching can see it from afar.

I only have 3 meters from my monitor to the wall. Resizing did the same thing.

So does taking off your glasses.

:D:D Yip, for us "blind" people wearing glasses, it works 100%

Yep it's Maralyn Monroe =) I have to step back into my bathroom 20 feet away before the edges of his nose and jaw fade away enough not to see.

DK if you have that limited space dont' blow it up, shrink it, not sure if you'll see it at that distance still though especially if you have good vision.

Here's the link to the article, I forgot to post it with the original image.
https://www.wired.com/medtech/health/magazine/17-05/st_alphageek

Last edited:
Yep, 2 to 3 feet away after putting on my non prescription cheap dollar store magnifiers the picture definatly change to a (blurry) Maralyn Monroe.

At twenty feet it might still be a little fuzzy for me using the naked eye.

kv

Last edited:
The image, as a thumbnail, is enough to 'ruin' the illusion. ;)

I suspected it to be MM before I even finished reading the first post. Somehow, at a mere 20 inches from my monitor, I could tell. The glow around his head was the give-away. Speaking of optical illusions, I think this one is the greatest. I guarantee you that noticing the boat is secondary.

**broken link removed**

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of my favorites! And it can answer your question too! :D

Attachments

• Google 2.jpg
    Google 2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 5,173
I suspected it to be MM before I even finished reading the first post. Somehow, at a mere 20 inches from my monitor, I could tell. The glow around his head was the give-away. Speaking of optical illusions, I think this one is the greatest. I guarantee you that noticing the boat is secondary.

**broken link removed**

I've seen this many times and I didn't notice till now she has dark hairy arm pits.

kv

She has arms? Wow, never noticed that before...

I've seen this many times and I didn't notice till now she has dark hairy arm pits.
I think it's more of shadowing than hair. I have real doubts that she follows after French women! BTW, notice how the boaters in the background all have smiles on their faces... even the female in the boat seems to be happy about something. Perhaps the optical illusion they see is the same in reverse... "after a few seconds you can see a photographer in the background".

BTW, notice how the boaters in the background all have smiles on their faces...

Boaters in the background? :confused: :D

Edit: Forgot 'Grin' smiley

Last edited:
I think it's more of shadowing than hair. I have real doubts that she follows after French women! BTW, notice how the boaters in the background all have smiles on their faces... even the female in the boat seems to be happy about something. Perhaps the optical illusion they see is the same in reverse... "after a few seconds you can see a photographer in the background".

She should have bleach that area too ! :p

I wouldn't care as long as she came with the boat.:D

kv

A friend of mine just sent me these. Way cool!

Attachments

• attach03.jpg
    attach03.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,519
  • attach04.jpg
    attach04.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 365
  • attach05.jpg
    attach05.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 2,387
I have always been a big fan of unusual but intelligent art and have often spent hours thinking about how they do this sort of stuff.

A few years ago I had an idea for setting up a company to do specialty photo shots.
What I wanted to do was be able take a spherical picture image from any where and then transfer that image onto a custom printed wall paper so that once the room dimensions were taken a print could be made that would give a person a sweet spot that made the room look like you were in the exact place that the picture was taken.

The intention was so that if you did up an office or room with it and used the entrance door as the sweet spot you could get the illusion that you walked throughthe door and sudenly you were standing right were the picture was taken and not in the room itself.
That way if someone was standing in the doorway your office desk might look like it was in the center of the roman coliseum or the observation deck of the Eiffel tower, or a field, or were ever you wanted it to be.

Nobody wanted to help me with the finances or set up costs and most everybody said it was dumb and not worth doing, so I dropped it.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back