Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best home PCB printer and software for prototyping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again. Looks like EasyEDA is a good tool. Again I'm just concerned if JLC stops supporting EasyEDA. That would mean I need to pick a new PCB software again but chance is pretty low I think.

I think it's extremely unlikely that JLC would discontinue EasyEDA - it's a strong tie-in to JLC, their assembly service and LCSC (a sister company).

But in any case, EasyEDA will help teach you the basics of PCB design and the process of laying out PCBs. With a solid background, changing software packages wouldn't be too onerous.

Even if EasyEDA disappeared it will only be current projects affected as older (complete) projects will have the gerber files available so any house can produce the boards. However, as said above, I think it extremely unlikely. Also, there is a desktop version so you can keep all your projects local.

Mike.

As far as I'm aware JLCPCB do production quantities as well, we certainly use them for all our production, although it's fairly low scale - maximum so far a few hundred boards at a time.
There's also https://www.saspcb.co.uk/ if you are looking for somewhere within Europe (UK specifically). The office for the company I work at is actually the next office over so I gave them a try, their web site allows you to spec your board, upload the gerber and then select components. Upon payment they just make it and ship it to you. Was quite impressed with what I got back but they also do large quantities or just prototyping like JLC.

1. design with design spark
2. print on transparant with laser printer
3.cut/saw UV sensitif board
4. expose to UV for 70 secs. (old scanner with UV led strips)
5. develop
6. rince
7. etch
8. acetone cleaning.
total time (excluding. design) : +/- 30 mins
(of course for small quantities)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back