Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best Fortress, LI 460VA UPS help

Status
Not open for further replies.

richard gagnon

I have a Best Fortress, LI 460VA UPS that appears to be working
normally. The unit powers up ok and goes through a self-test, which
then shows pass. Then the alarm sounds and the alarm light flashes. I
get an alarm light with A0 on the 4 digit readout. I can hit cancel to
quiet the alarm but the alarm light continues to flash. The display
continues to show A0. I can check the battery voltage and power usage
but the display returns to A0 after a couple of seconds. The unit has
a serial port but I do not use it. Three years ago I took the unit out
of service when the batteries failed. I just found a couple of new 12v
batteries and powered up the unit with the resulting conditions.
When I disconnect the 60hz mains the unit goes into battery operation
as it should and supplies 120vac.
Anyone have any ideas and the list of possible fault codes ?
Thank you.

Richard

Maybe the new accu no fully charged.If the charger part of UPS work, about 6 hours can charge the battery full, and - i hope - the fault disappear.

The UPS has been on charge for two weeks with a 40va load. Best was bought out a few years ago. I just found the company that bought Best Power Products. I will try to question them.

Richard

I found out Best was bought by http://www.powerware.com/ a few years ago. I called them and I was told that A0 is related to an issue with the outlet the UPS is plugged into. In my case, the UPS was plugged into a ground fault outlet which gave a weird condition to the electronics. The electronics look for a bad ground, hot/neutral reversal and a couple of other possible conditions. A manual is being sent to me.

Richard Gagnon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back