Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best digital scope for £1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

boscoe

So I want to buy a scope for a £1000 max. The digital scopes I have used are a bit old and expensive but I just don't think they have that fast analogue feel that analogue scopes do, the ones I used are Techtronix. So I want to get as close as possible to an analogue scope I would buy an analogue scope but I want to use it on a bench and the rest. I have also been looking at Picoscopes which I quite like the look of and so USB scopes are a possibility. This is for my audio work mostly but will be moving onto digital gear soon too.

I would like ideally...

FFT functions.
An AWG
Highest sample and highest refresh rate.
Two analogue channels.

So far I think the Agilent is winning for me. https://uk.farnell.com/agilent-technologies/dsox2002a-wavegen-dsoxdvm-education-kit/scope-education-2-ch-70mhz-options/dp/1923904
Thanks
Boscoe

Rigol DS2072 Oscilloscope looks like a very decent one.. Full of features. I was impressed by the intensity graded display which provides quite good "analog feel". Skip to 12 minutes in the review video if you don't want to watch it all (I recommend you watch it all): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TSr9nFN1GU

Last edited:
Owon ds7102v

Owon DS7102V (includes VGA output). 100 MHz BW.

I dedicated some 6 hours to test, at least once, each possible step in every menu.

a) When Spanish is selected, just one screen comes in Polish but the meaning is so obvious that I do not need to care.

b) When setting the parameters to zoom in, in a certain condition (area wider than actual screen IIRC), it freezes and requires reset.

Other than that seems OK.

No noisy fan either.

Being able to record things is nice.

Understand that amongst the class, (ATTEN & RIGOL), OWON has the biggest screen.

Like the wife I married so long ago, the analog feeling of the signals is gone. Have to live with that.

/Edit
Agilent is out of the league here, because duties, taxes and how difficult or impossible it is to import.
/Edit

Thanks I think the 8 series would be better with it's higher sampling rate. The US retail price is just £20 less than the UK.

I think the reason I like the Agilent is the high refresh rate of 50,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back