Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

best connectors-site

Status
Not open for further replies.

sreekanthm

Suggest me a vendor who supplies lock type electronic connectors(both male and female with wires) but should be small in dia.

LEMO **broken link removed**

ken

How do you just buy one or two, though?

I like those miniature Lemo connectors, but it seems like you can never just get a couple of them.

Thank you sir! Didn't know Mouser started carrying them, been looking for ages where I could just buy one or two - even at sixty bucks for a friggin set.

Digikey sells a huge selection of connectors.

Yeah, but not Lemo.

The poster didn't state a specific brand requirement. Kmoffett suggested Lemo, they're not the only game in town. Digikey sells from a variety of vendors, probably significantly better selection compared to a single brand name.

Totally agree! A browse for "circular connectors" in Allied, Newark, and Mouser's catalogs provides a lot of options.

Ken

Nope.

OP said it should be small in diameter and that it should lock.

A Lemo will give you an outside diameter of a quarter-inch for a 4 pin connector, and has a nice lock. None of the others are even close.

duffy. Do you think Lemo is the only company that has a small diameter connector that can lock? He didn't state pin requirements size requirements or anything. He stated 'small' generally which has no refrence but from his intetion. We could guess till the cows come home about what might suit his needs but we have no actual information to draw a conclusion of any kind, so it's best to point him at a generic site which has a lot of choices.

Oooookay...
And how did you come to this conclusion?

Depending on the number of pins the OP might also refer to XLR connectors which are used by musicians on stage. They are pretty rugged and are manufactured for max seven gold plated pins.

Last not least, they are affordable. One set of 3 pin connectors is US$ 1.30, a seven pin set is US$7.

Males and females ara also available for chassis mounting.

Here are pictures of the three pin version.

Boncuk

Attachments

• XLR3KU.jpg
    XLR3KU.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 115
  • XLR3ST.jpg
    XLR3ST.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
When I was doing automotive work, I wish I could have afforded Lemo connectors. I ended up using Deutsch connectors. The Mini series maybe considered 'small in diameter'. Not like the Lemo, though.

You can just google for suppliers and some companies will supply the connector 'pre-harnessed' which seems like it's one of your requirements.

Not knowing where the original poster is located makes offering a supplier, just guesswork.

Oooookay...
And how did you come to this conclusion?

Years of searching. Those XLR connectors above? Three-quarters of a friggin' inch across. Know what a ***** that is to try and shoehorn that into a Star Trek tricorder?

The original poster hasn't said anything since his first post so all this suggesting and guesswork is pointless right now. He just said that he needs a small diameter, which is relative, he also didn't specify shape, he said diameter didn't say it had to be round, even square plugs have a diameter =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back