Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bench Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravi

Dear Friends, :)

The transformer of my power supply (which I used for 4-5 years) has given away recently. :( I want to build a new PS with some more options.My specifications are:

Current rating 1.5 A
Ripple less than 0.1%
5 Volts dual rail well regulated/balanced output
12 Volts dual rail well regulated/balanced output
Variable regulated output say from 1.25V to 24Volts (single rail) (I know I can use LM337,317 or 350)
Digital voltmeter/ammeter.
Ckt for blown fuse indicator.

I wanted to use IC regulators with minimum number of transistors. In my country it is difficult to obtain 2N...type transistors and multi secondary power transformers. (However, I have some 2N3055 pwr. Trs. in hand)

If you can help me to find a suitable ckt in internet or if you have any, please contact me through this page or you may directly e-mail to me on ravi@ualink.lk

Thanks & regards

Ravi

With all that specifications, your Bill of Materials will burn a hole in your pocket. Instead you can buy a ready made dual tracking power supply which will cost you much less than making one yourself.

I know I will have to spent lot of money. In that case I may take out the digital meter and go for a normal analog meter. However, electronic hobby is an expensive game. Thanks.

Ok, here are some schematics. You'll have to make some modifications according to your needs.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

I've seen several power supply projects where a low cost DVM was used as a panel meter - more or less glued on to the front of the chassis. Watch the sales and they can be had for $10 to $15 here in US - which is about the cost of a panel meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back