Bench Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravi

Dear Friends,

The transformer of my power supply (which I used for 4-5 years) has given away recently. I want to build a new PS with some more options.My specifications are:

Current rating 1.5 A
Ripple less than 0.1%
5 Volts dual rail well regulated/balanced output
12 Volts dual rail well regulated/balanced output
Variable regulated output say from 1.25V to 24Volts (single rail) (I know I can use LM337,317 or 350)
Digital voltmeter/ammeter.
Ckt for blown fuse indicator.

I wanted to use IC regulators with minimum number of transistors. In my country it is difficult to obtain 2N...type transistors and multi secondary power transformers. (However, I have some 2N3055 pwr. Trs. in hand)

If you can help me to find a suitable ckt in internet or if you have any, please contact me through this page or you may directly e-mail to me on ravi@ualink.lk

Thanks & regards

Ravi

With all that specifications, your Bill of Materials will burn a hole in your pocket. Instead you can buy a ready made dual tracking power supply which will cost you much less than making one yourself.

I know I will have to spent lot of money. In that case I may take out the digital meter and go for a normal analog meter. However, electronic hobby is an expensive game. Thanks.

Ok, here are some schematics. You'll have to make some modifications according to your needs.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

I've seen several power supply projects where a low cost DVM was used as a panel meter - more or less glued on to the front of the chassis. Watch the sales and they can be had for $10 to $15 here in US - which is about the cost of a panel meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…