Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Before Posting Please Read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroMaster

Administrator
This forum is setup to allow members to buy, sell, trade and give away you electronic bits and peices. However, there are some things that you need to know in order to get value out of this forum.

Disclaimer

Please understand that we do not vouch for, or endorse any part or product sold, traded or given away and do not vouch for the members integrity or legitimacy.

Creating A New Thread

In order to create a new thread you must have 25+ posts and it must be related to electronics.

Safety

When you find a buyer, seller or trader, please complete the transaction via Private Message and do not post any personal details such as street address or phone numbers in the public forums. This is for you own safety.

Limit of 1 Thread Per Week

We have a soft limit (ie not 100% enforced) that each member is allowed on average 1 post per week. If this gets abused to much we may ban you for create new threads.

Selling Commercial Stuff

If you would like to sell anything in a commercial manner you must obtain permission exclusively via myself. Send me a PM with details.

Last edited:
About the 25+ posts

I seen in order to buy,sell or trade electronics you must have 25+ posts. What does that mean?

I seen in order to buy,sell or trade electronics you must have 25+ posts. What does that mean?

hi Lynn,
At the moment you have 1 post, as you become active on the forums, each Post you make to threads about any topic will be added to your Post count.

Eric

hi Lynn,
At the moment you have 1 post, as you become active on the forums, each Post you make to threads about any topic will be added to your Post count.

Eric

Right. This forum is for members who want to buy or sell items over the forum. It is not here for random people to come in and try to hawk their stuff. Therefore, the 25+ post requirement ensures that only active members can participate in buying, selling, or trading items.

Matt

I think it's a forum bug Teufelwolf - I can't post in here either at the moment.

I've raised a bug report.

If I may please ask... I do see that the current guidelines states that only members with 25+ posts may post about an item for sale but, is there any alternate process by which a newer member with great feedback as a seller on ebay could have a post reviewed by a senior member or moderator and approved for posting? I very much appreciate the intent behind the guidelines. The item I have for sale is not your typical commodity item like components and such, and believe that it is very likely that a member of a community such as this one might very much appreciate owning the item, hence my question about the existence of any alternate vetting process for posting about 'for sale'. thanks
-Gary

If I may please ask... I do see that the current guidelines states that only members with 25+ posts may post about an item for sale but, is there any alternate process by which a newer member with great feedback as a seller on ebay could have a post reviewed by a senior member or moderator and approved for posting? I very much appreciate the intent behind the guidelines. The item I have for sale is not your typical commodity item like components and such, and believe that it is very likely that a member of a community such as this one might very much appreciate owning the item, hence my question about the existence of any alternate vetting process for posting about 'for sale'. thanks
-Gary

Hi Gary, welcome to ETO!

My recommendation would be to post a thread in the General Electronics forum asking for anyone interested in reviewing a post to PM you. You can then have the review done in private where it will not affect anyone else on the forum. In your initial thread, however, do not post any links, company names, etc otherwise it may come across as spam.

I hope this helps.

Best,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back