Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BCD random number generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

skydemon01

G'day all. Im trying to deign a random number generator but im a bit stuck. I want design a small poker machine, which uses 2 7 Seg displays which are random and independant of each other, I plan to use a VCO to act as a clock signal for this circuit. The problem is it needs to be BCD so I cant just use a few FF's with XORS for each bit cause i will get states which output binary numbers greater then 1001 (9). Im not too fussed about how random the cct actually is either. Can anyone give me some ideas so i know where to start off?

BTW: ive had a look on here already and ive seen that 'random' num gen using the 55 and 4029 but that wont work for me :(

Thanks in advance

Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back