Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BC517 to relais voltage to low

Status
Not open for further replies.
Siemens datasheet is wrong, the pins they show are backwards. Pinout as shown by Motorola, Philips etc is very common in European transistors.

<rant>
Why am I not surprised? I really didn't like dealing with Siemens because we only had problems with them when it came to any kind of documents
(datasheets, performance reports, certificates & approvals, purchase orders, software, firmware revision or whatever).
Siemens has horrible documentation in general and no understanding of document control.
Last time I used their products I found that they were sneaking in changes without changing document number, name or date.
The document increased in size by dozens of pages, important info was changed while they kept the file name, revision, date etc. all the same.
Imagine having to prove something when Siemens will simply make inconvenient data disappear.
Someone would have to force me to use them again.
</rant>

Siemens datasheet is wrong,
</rant>
still feel a bit silly why didn't I just flip the transistor and see what happens then.
Got a lift from a Siemens exec once, he said they are just a bank, buying, selling, relabeling others product. Quite surprising how little original work is out there and how much is just ripoffs, sorry, somewhat improved copies.
but, back to business, how is this then: 4.1V across the relays, 1.66 V and 12mA through the diodes, should work like a charm and I have to come up with a new use for my BC517s.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back