Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BC107A (TO18) and BC327B (TO-92) SOT23 equivalent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huttojb1

Good morning all.
Wonder if anyone could help in advising 2 equivalent transistors to replace a NPN BC107A package type TO-18 and PNP BC327B package type TO-92. I have been using these devices for a while but going more and more surfaces mount and these are probably the last components I need to replace.

I’ll purchase the items usually from RS COMPONENTS in the Uk (https://uk.rs-online.com/web/)

An SOT-23 type would be perfect.
Thank you for your help.
jason.

Most BC series are pretty old and most SOT23's are far superior. What are you using them for?

Mike.

Mike. Thanks for the reply,

Mainly switching reply’s on and off from a PIC controller. High side and low side of the relay coil.

If it's switching then just make sure the base current is 10% of the collector current and all will be good and AG will be happy!

Mike.

Personally, I'm a fan of pre-biased transistors for your usage. These are transistors that include base or base/base-emitter resistors integrated into the same package.

Unit cost is comparable to discrete parts. The big savings is that you have fewer parts to place, so smaller total footprint and lower population cost.

They're available with different resistance values and ratios to fit many application.

They come in single or dual configurations, as NPN, PNP (and NPN/PNP in the dual package.) Made by many manufacturers.

DigiKey's list of single pre-biased transistors.

DigiKey's list of pre-biased transistor arrays.

Personally, I'm a fan of pre-biased transistors for your usage. These are transistors that include base or base/base-emitter resistors integrated into the same package.

Unit cost is comparable to discrete parts. The big savings is that you have fewer parts to place, so smaller total footprint and lower population cost.

They're available with different resistance values and ratios to fit many application.

They come in single or dual configurations, as NPN, PNP (and NPN/PNP in the dual package.) Made by many manufacturers.

DigiKey's list of single pre-biased transistors.

DigiKey's list of pre-biased transistor arrays.
Thank you. That’s interesting to know. The journey the PCB have taken are step by step, I originally made on veroboard, then cnc’ed the circuit myself using copper and a cnc3040, I have now developed the PCB using easy eda and now I’m trying to go fully surface mount. Example of one of my boards attached
11A65FCE-01DF-4DA2-901A-901CD834F77D.jpegBE3D1B5B-02F1-4817-9FA6-EE8823BBF12B.jpegAD941FF8-EEAF-4AB6-A503-D5021A935AED.jpegBAA606D2-D01E-43EA-BA94-59888314B16E.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back