Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BC107 equivalent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huttojb1

could anyone provide me a BC107
equivalent

Thank you

A BC107 was an old ordinary little transistor in a metal case.
Its max Vceo is 45V, its max current is only 100mA and its hFE is from 125 to 500 at 2mA.
A BC547 has the same chip but in a modern epoxy case and its allowed thermal power is double the BC107.
I have used 2N3904 little transistors to replace BC547 in circuits for many years. Its pins are in a different order than the European transistors.

And theres 2n2222, 2n4401 Bc184...
I dont think Bc107's are produced anymore, there was a plastic T092 version, I think even that is obsolete now.

It's just a bog standard small NPN silicon transistor, pretty well anything will take it's place - and likewise I've used BC107's for years to replace any other small NPN transistor.

Some datasheet says 'low noise' term too. Then probably BC549 or BC550 would be low noise equivalent.

I think the BC54x transistors are selected by tests after manufacturing:
BC547= higher voltage
BC549= low noise
BC550= higher voltage and low noise.
BC548= not high voltage and not low noise

They were all selected for current gain where A was low gain, B was medium gain and C was high gain. But today only some gain numbers are available.

In the early silicon transistor days, manufacturers would start with a generic transistor "recipe".

But they would test the generic transistor lot and separate those which had the better performance.
They would assign a different part number and sell them for a premium.

I have used 2N3904 little transistors to replace BC547 in circuits for many years. Its pins are in a different order than the European transistors.
This substitution is dead simple, as the 2N3904 only has to be rotated 180° to fit where a BC547 fits.
2N3904 = EBC, BC547 = CBE.
Transistors such as C1815=ECB, are a little trickier when the leads are inline. If you want to sub one of these pinouts for a EBC/CBE, a short clipping of wire insulation, slid up either the C or B lead, will prevent shorting when the leads are twisted to fit.
Triangular mounting is the easiest to fit any suitable substitution.

Thank you all for your responses, I'll order some transistors from my local electronic shop now then.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back