Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

baud rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

aamirkhan

hi
i am trying to write a program to send data to PC through air using LEDs and
photodiodes . i am using 4800 baud rate to comunicate .thus for approx 208microsec the led should toggle to send one bit. i have wriiten a program to toggle the led ,wait for 208 microsec and then toggle again.
BUT THATS NOT WORKING
data is displayed but not the one i try to send
Can anybody tell me how to calcute the delay time between two toggles for 4800 baud rate

i am not using UART its already occupied .I have to built another using program.

Hi,
If I understand correctly, you want to write the program for a 'software' UART.

Look at Nigels tutorials link, bottom of this post.:)

Use a wire connection first to debug the 232, and once you have it working use the LED, so that you can address one problem at a time. Never tried 232 in software so can't help you on that.

edit to add: If you use the LED/photo setup on your existing uart connection, does it work?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back