Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidiqminhas

Hi Forum
I have 3KVA self start generator, how much capacity [ampere] of battery is sufficient of it. furthermore how I can check that whether my generator is charging the battery or not.
Kindly help waiting for reply

A 7 to 10 A-H sized battery should suffice. Or just match the physical size. The starter draws about 8-10 amps.

You can check if battery is being charged with a voltmeter on battery. The battery should rise above 13.5 vdc with engine running.

A fully charged battery with no load, rested for a couple hours, should be at 12.7 vdc.

Problem with electric start generators is they sit for months at a time without charging the battery. The battery self discharges and become sulfated so it can not be recharged.

I use a 'Battery Tender' on my Yamaha EF3000i to keep the battery at 13.5 vdc float voltage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back