Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

battery tester (help needed thanks!!!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi K7elp60:
sorri to bother you ! the 3rd question is that: instead of using a regulator i applied a +5V to the 10K fixed resistor then on the other leg i connect a 10K variable resistor (instead of potentiometer) then after the variable res. , connect it to gnd (series connection). then i calculated the small resistance res. (i used 1.2 ohms as i need ard 2A for my circuit).after calculating, i connected it to the source and then together with the whole circuit(the non-inverting i/p of the op amp series with a 1K res.) , i connect the circuit to the variable res. with respect to the gnd. i would like to ask that by varying the resistance of the variable resistor, i would change the value of the discharge current (drain current), am i right? then the 4th question is that i did a testing on the circuit that i built, instaed of using the batt, i used a power supply to act as my batt then i set to ard 12V. for the op amp part, i connect two independent pwr supp in series (set to ard 10V each) then 1 terminal is +10V, i connect to the vcc+ i/p of the opamp then the other terminal is -10V, i connect to the vcc- i/p of the op amp (i did not do anything to the other i/ps eg.offset null 1,2 , ..). then i switch on the power supplies and the pwr supp acting as the batt seems to be nt working(no voltage reading shown on the meter) and onli when i boost up the current of the pwr supp acting as the batt, then there will be voltage reading and the low resistance resistor will get burnt.

Oh, I forgot; if you need more than 1.5 A just change the LM317 for a LM338 and you can "burn" up to 5 Amps.

Ante :roll:

hi ante:
thanks for ur kind help i appreciate it
by the way:
does anyone know that whether an ADC0844 (A to D convertor) could be modified to produce the functions of a DAC?

hi K7elp60:
i have posted a few questions to you n i haven got ur reply

thanks all in advance!!!!!1

hi K7elp60:
regarding about the circuit u had provided earlier, what are the two 1K resistors at the +input and -input of the op-amp for? their functions? thanks in advance!!!!!!!

hi K7elp60:
can you tell the the functions and reasons why we need to put the two 1K ohms resistors to the '+' and '-' i/ps of the op-amp?

hi:
here is the circuit that i intend to use (attach)!!!! hence, i would like to ask wat are the two 1K resistors for? (their use and functions) and also how to calculate Vo (op-amp) ? then is V2 = Vs , V1 = VR4 ? pls reply urgent thanks very much!!!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back