Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery behavior with Arduino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnmcfly

Hello everyone !

Hope you are doing fine ! :)
Well, I have just bought an arduino Uno and I am pretty excited about it !
Actually, I would like to ask you something. I have a course about battery. We learned how a battery behaves and its features (Voc, SOC, ageing, Temperature impact, charging/discharging).
My wish would be to see and test with real hardware what I learned in University: for example, charging or discharging the battery. See if it faster when I increase the temperature... Try to understand the behavior of the battery and see if there is a good match between experimentation and the theory.

I have already "play with the arduino". I use Arduino with Simulink (so I can plot easy my ouput). For exemple, I plot and visualize the charge of my condensator. This is very funny :)

How could you realize my project ?
Do you have some advice for me or could you recommend me some approaches ?
I try to find some tutorial but unfortunately, I did not find.

Thanks in advance for your help ! :)

You didn't tell us the battery voltage, capacity or chemistry...

Power the Arduino not from the battery. Make it possible for the Arduino to read the battery voltage via the ADC. Also make it possible for the Arduino to read charging current and discharging current via the ADC. Use a couple of port pins to turn on/off a charger, and to turn on/off a load resistance for the battery.

Now you can have the Arduino capture the voltage during charge, the charging current, and thereby calculate the energy that it takes to charge the battery, and similiarly, capture and calculate the energy that the battery gives back during discharge. Read this for some ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back