Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Basic Question(I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.

quicksilver

Ok, I’m totally new here and have very limited electronics experience. :oops: I have a feeling this is a simple problem to solve, so please enlighten me.

Some background:
I’m a performance car enthusiast (somewhat of a drag racer) and I’m trying to set something up on my car so that I can get accurate a/f readings into the software that I have for logging sensor data from the cars PCM (powertrain control module). I have built a control kit (I purchased) and have a wideband 02 sensor that puts out readings between 1.3v-4.0v. This is all good, but I need a way to get this signal into the PCM so I can log it with my software. It turns out there is an available AC compressor sensor that logs to the PCM with voltage. It appears to have a 5v reference going to a device that divides the voltage based on the pressure in the AC line. My plan is to somehow substitute my wideband 02 signal for the variable resistor pressure sensor and end up with readings that I can collect from the PCM.

The question:
So here is my basic question. How can I get my 1.5v-4v signal to proportionally divide the 5v reference signal? I’m totally new to electronics, but this sounds like a potentiometer of sorts. It also sounds like a semiconductor of sorts. Again, please ignore my ignorance here and guide me in the right direction. I know cars and computers pretty well, but I’m starting to hit many walls with my limited experience with electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back