Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Baseband processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardKhoo

Hi guys,

I guess this might be awkward to ask such questions, but I'm doing some review on the Baseband Processing Issues in Software Radio. Well, I've just started to get in touch with Software Radio stuff and I don't really quite know much about it. Can anyone please let me know what is Baseband Processing? I've been searching around online.. doesn't seem to have anything really relevant to what I want.

At first, I don't know what is Baseband Processing. :)

Any experts out there.. can please give me a hand?

Thank you !!

:lol: :lol:
I fixed mine now, guess I jumped the gun on that one, oh well I'll give hime several hands
**broken link removed**

The baseband takes digital data from the sender and packages it up to be sent over the radio link. The baseband also handles things like frequency hopping. The idea is that for things like bluetooth that take a fair amount of processing to format the data to send and receive - the baseband saves the host form having to handle all this extra processing. This lets the host use high level commands to the baseband without worrying about the details of the protocol.

bmcculla said:
The baseband takes digital data from the sender and packages it up to be sent over the radio link. The baseband also handles things like frequency hopping. The idea is that for things like bluetooth that take a fair amount of processing to format the data to send and receive - the baseband saves the host form having to handle all this extra processing. This lets the host use high level commands to the baseband without worrying about the details of the protocol.

Hah! - so it's basically like a BIOS!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back