Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BAR CODE reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherif Welsen

Hi every body,

I wanna a BAR CODE reader project, hopfull using 8051 uc or may be without using any microcontrollers "directelly by using PC".

I hope you would help me by a detailed-free project or by providing helpfull links.

I wanna this as a project for my study.

Thanks in advance

With some dedicated software and maybe a little hardware, you might be able to make a "wand" style bar-code reader from your parallel port. It is not very difficult. However, the design can be tough if you want to read some really fine pitch barcodes. The usualy system has some led and a phototransistor. By swiping the wand across the code it looks at the light/dark/light patterns and using a lookup table converts that to the proper digit. The width of the bars is determined by timing the light and dark areas. I built one a few years ago using a micro and parts out of a junk box and it worked pretty well.

crust said:
... I built one a few years ago using a micro and parts out of a junk box and it worked pretty well.

Would ypu please provide me with complete details in order to start doing my project ?

Thanks inn advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back