Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Banner , is what exactly ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The site was just updated to the latest version of the Xenforo software, so many of the icons and whatnot have changed slightly.

Was updated? We know this how?

Curiouser and curiouser . Banner different ,... PC with Win7 pro Chrome has ETO logo on Right covered by " search ... " window, Laptop Win 7 home Chrome ETO logo on left, as always was ? ( not logged in on laptop).

PC ( I don't have screen shot SW) I did rotate it ?
ETO.jpg

Last edited:
Was updated? We know this how?

I spoke with Dave (dmiyares) this past week and he mentioned it.

Curiouser and curiouser . Banner different ,... PC with Win7 pro Chrome has ETO logo on Right covered by " search ... " window, Laptop Win 7 home Chrome ETO logo on left, as always was ? ( not logged in on laptop).

View attachment 98818

Probably a cached copy on the PC (right image). Hit F5 and see if it changes it. As for the search covering up the logo, definitely looks like a bug to me.

dmiyares , do you have any comments?

Regards,
Matt

You don't need any software to a screen shot - you simply press 'Print Scrn' (to the right of BackSpace) and that saves the current screen to the clipboard.

Then run Windows Paint and press 'ctrl-V' to paste it, crop it as you like and save it from there.

You don't need any software to a screen shot - you simply press 'Print Scrn' (to the right of BackSpace) and that saves the current screen to the clipboard.

Then run Windows Paint and press 'ctrl-V' to paste it, crop it as you like and save it from there.

Another option is the snipping tool (which comes with Windows 7). Just open your start menu and type in "snip" and it'll pop up.

If you like the snipping tool but want a mangifier and a reticule, and a load of more options, I suggest Greenshot. It's free and I use it almost exclusively. It's very useful.

image.png On an iPhone, the logo doesn't show at all in portrait mode.

image.png In landscape mode, part of the logo appears but the rest is covered by the banner image. At least it doesn't cause the page to shrink like it used to in order to show the banner.

View attachment 98849 On an iPhone, the logo doesn't show at all in portrait mode.

View attachment 98850 In landscape mode, part of the logo appears but the rest is covered by the banner image. At least it doesn't cause the page to shrink like it used to in order to show the banner.

Yep, the screen isn't wide enough for the image so it begins to overlap itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back