Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
but now we just get cold-called from America instead.
I bet there not Americans I get 20 to 25 calls a day and most can't speak good English. And all of the people that try to spam my form is from China. or there ip is any way

I sometimes pick up the phone and get a recorded message saying I've won the jackpot so I just leave the phone off the hook until it finishes.

I subscribed to the "no sales pitches" phone thing two months ago.
Now there are hardly any calls selling windows and doors.

Today I got a call from a guy using a very distorted phone and he could hardly speeky zee English. I think he wanted to clean my furnace for a few thousand dollars.
No way!

I used to have a phone feature "call waiting" then a long distance call made a distinctive ringing pattern. Not anymore. The phone company tried to bill me a "feature cancellation fee".
No way!

Neat trick I learned by accident a few years and it works real well too by the way.
Tell every one you know that you are going on vacation. have your phone disconected for two weeks. Just use the Cell if you have one. In that time the phone pests auto dialer has gotten enough "no longer in service" replies from your phone number to automaticaly dump you from the call list.
when ever I do an extended service run or seasonal job for more than a week I have my phone service disconnected now. Clears up the pest problem for a good month to three months every time!

That's pretty funny. Nobody in American answers their calls,

Sad but true. I MISS THE ABILITY TO PICK UP THE DAMN PHONE WHEN IT RINGS. Yes, I'm on that "do not call" list, but it doesn't stop the ******** from pretending I "answered a questionaire" or "made an inquiry" about something I never even heard of, or international junk phone calls.

We need a new caller ID recording system.

Sad but true. I MISS THE ABILITY TO PICK UP THE DAMN PHONE WHEN IT RINGS. Yes, I'm on that "do not call" list, but it doesn't stop the ******** from pretending I "answered a questionaire" or "made an inquiry" about something I never even heard of, or international junk phone calls.

Maybe you could invent the first recorder that will be able to know all the calls you will receive from loved ones and expected folks.

Then you have a un-recognized ID system in place that begins with your recording small pause ........ Hello, I can't here you could you speak up please pause.............................. Ok, that's better.

Give it enough time for them (pause) to say something then say.... whaaat I don't understand could you say that again please. pause and some more ********. over and over and over.

Making sure you record the hole thing so you can play it on Youtube or e-mail it to a friend for a big laugh.:p

Meanwhile a the second recording for all recognized calls will say something like... hello I'm not home right now please leave a short message for me. Then the message will read from..... Mom or Dad or who ever may be recognized by the number (* ID ) system.

kv :D:D:D

I saw an interview with the guy that invented the automated dialing sytem that is now used. He says he knows he is the most hated unidentified person alive. He regrets having created it. He said he ment well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back