Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Balanced audio circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to build a circuit for balanced audio signals (via XLR connectors) so that I can convert from unbalanced at the source to balanced and back to unbalanced again at the destination. I seen a couple of ICs available, but I would like to build one from scratch. Does anyone have some info or links?

pandaemonium said:
I would like to build a circuit for balanced audio signals (via XLR connectors) so that I can convert from unbalanced at the source to balanced and back to unbalanced again at the destination. I seen a couple of ICs available, but I would like to build one from scratch. Does anyone have some info or links?

The classic solution is a transformer, which solves most of the problems with an electronic version (which after all, is only trying to emulate the transformer). However, transformers have their problems as well, and electronic versions overcome those - and transformers are expensive!.

Have a look at **broken link removed** which gives lots of information about it!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back