Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bajaj induction cooker - 2000w - troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

snm snm

i have a bajaj induction cooker of 2000w - and the fuse is continuously blowing off when it is making on, with a blast sound. second time the pcb print blown, when made it on - print of pcb from the mains to the power bridge rectifier - i checked with another fuse, and this time the IGBT blown - what may be problem - please tell a solution

Blindly replacing fuses one after another will finally give you a completely charred board. And a lot of blown fuses.

Usually, it's the main IGBT that fails in an induction stove. And the reason is poor cooling, the cooling fan air inlet blocked. The failure of the IGBT can be / can lead to other transistors on the board being damaged.

Hopefully, replacing the IGBT should solve the problem. But check the other transistors for damage.

Connect a 500W incandescent bulb in series with the cooker when conducting further tests.

And be very careful. You are working on live power and 400 Volts.

helo,

i have replaced the fuse and the IGBT - i checked it without connecting the coil - i connected a 200w bulb - now it turns on - i heard a beep sound - the front panel light is ok - but i did not make the on button - will there any problem now -

Connect the induction coil and see what happens when you switch on. That bulb is your current limiter. Don't bypass it for now.

E0 implies that the cooking vessel is not properly placed. I remember all I had to do was clean the surface to get rid of the annoying error.

The Induction stove will not turn ON without a vessel placed on it. Make sure that there's at least some water in the vessel.
If you try to switch on without a load, you should normally get BEEPS as a warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back