Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bacon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pork is horrendously fatty! The butchers may trim it better today, but it's loaded with fat. Beef that's marbled with fat can be a somewhat better health choice due to the amount of blood retained in the cell membranes. Venison is even better since it has virtually no marbling, same for squirrel, antelope, elk, etc. Now thats's lean meat... provided one can develop a taste for it.

Pork is horrendously fatty! The butchers may trim it better today, but it's loaded with fat. Beef that's marbled with fat can be a somewhat better health choice due to the amount of blood retained in the cell membranes. Venison is even better since it has virtually no marbling, same for squirrel, antelope, elk, etc. Now thats's lean meat... provided one can develop a taste for it.

Man, I love Venison! It is great. I have had some tender Venison steaks around here too. We get them up around Lake Lanier.

I get my venison from up around Lake Reindeer!:rolleyes:
They are also referred to as Pennsylvania Jumping Beef!

I get my venison from up around Lake Reindeer!:rolleyes:
They are also referred to as Pennsylvania Jumping Beef!

Poor Rudolph ;( You still have to marinate it, but it is great!

That dern HiTech! He can come up with 'em! Jumping beef...another Lu-Lu!

Last edited:
yeah, i agree with hero999, liver is substitute source of iron for those suffering with iron deficiency....i prefer liver than those capsules, atleast i can taste them before they get scrambled down in my stomach..:D

for bacon, i love them but they are rarely affordable most in third world countries such as where i am now. it is exclusive for the rich. but i agree that all bacon are "garbage" but i wish i could eat lots of them...:D

I don't eat pork, nor potatoes, nor apples, nor oranges, nor nuts, not mangos, nor sweet melons, nor soya. I drink goats milk, not cows milk, it's just not made for the human body that stuff.
A pig is a disgusting creature, almost as much as the human.
Did you know pigs have a special drainage channel that ends up between the hoofs. It helps to get rid of the muck in their systems, but these normally get clogged up, much like your arteries from consuming too much bad fat, so where does the muck go.
Into your bacon.
Where does the muck come from, simple, they eat it. yuck.

Seeds are good, you will never hear about a pigeon with high cholesterol.:D
If you must eat meat, eat fish, followed by chicken without the skin.

My opinion

I don't eat pork, nor potatoes, nor apples, nor oranges, nor nuts, not mangos, nor sweet melons, nor soya. I drink goats milk, not cows milk, it's just not made for the human body that stuff.
It sounds like you have a very boring and unhealthy diet - half the things you've listed are actually good for you.

A pig is a disgusting creature, almost as much as the human.
Did you know pigs have a special drainage channel that ends up between the hoofs. It helps to get rid of the muck in their systems, but these normally get clogged up, much like your arteries from consuming too much bad fat, so where does the muck go.
Into your bacon.
Where does the muck come from, simple, they eat it. yuck.
I you look at it that like that , vegetables are quite disgusting, they grow in soil which is made from rotten plants and feces.

Seeds are good, you will never hear about a pigeon with high cholesterol.:D
That depends on where you got your pidgin from, the ones in the town eat rubbish so I wouldn't touch one.

If you must eat meat, eat fish, followed by chicken without the skin.
Fish live in the sea which is polluted with all sorts of rubbish like heavy metals, plastic and both human and animal feces.

My point is that food is food. I actually have mixed views on the subject. Take gelatin for example, it's boiled down pork and animal bones, half of me thinks it's disgusting but the other half thinks it's perfectly reasonable to put it to good use.

I generally take the view that all food is is a load of chemicals and as long as you eat more of the ones which are good for you than the ones which aren't then it's fine. I couldn't care whether a sausage I'm eating contains pig's intestines, it tases good and as long as I don't eat much of it it's fine.

Some of those things might be healthy, but not to me, I'm allergic to them all.
If I really miss what the inside of a hospital is like, I eat those.:D

Yeah, you've made your counter point.

But I'm generally talking about pigeons(birds) in the wild, they eat seeds, and they are healthy because of the seeds (no cholesterol):D.
So my point was for seeds, not pigeons, I will not eat pigeons.bwhh.

funny I was under the knowledge that gelatin was made from ground cows hoofs. :rolleyes:

According to Wikipedia, it's mostly pig skin.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gelatin

Yuck you might say but it's just another chemical, just like flour made from wheat grown in a field of animal and human feces. ;)

It sounds like you have a very boring and unhealthy diet - half the things you've listed are actually good for you.

I you look at it that like that , vegetables are quite disgusting, they grow in soil which is made from rotten plants and feces.

That depends on where you got your pidgin from, the ones in the town eat rubbish so I wouldn't touch one.

Fish live in the sea which is polluted with all sorts of rubbish like heavy metals, plastic and both human and animal feces.

My point is that food is food. I actually have mixed views on the subject. Take gelatin for example, it's boiled down pork and animal bones, half of me thinks it's disgusting but the other half thinks it's perfectly reasonable to put it to good use.

I generally take the view that all food is is a load of chemicals and as long as you eat more of the ones which are good for you than the ones which aren't then it's fine. I couldn't care whether a sausage I'm eating contains pig's intestines, it tases good and as long as I don't eat much of it it's fine.

Damn hero! You don't like anything. What the heck do you eat? Don't tell me. McDonald's. Oh now there's some healthy food. ;)

You need to eat many foods to be healthy.
Humans are not pigeons.

I think humans need some fat (with cholestrol) for good brain function. Does a pigeon have a brain??

You need to eat many foods to be healthy.
Humans are not pigeons.

I think humans need some fat (with cholestrol) for good brain function. Does a pigeon have a brain??
I agree with you. Some cholestrol is good for the human body, but determining the good and the bad is sometimes difficult.

I think some pigeons have a brain, but I also think they are programed. Take the homing pigeons for example. The have a magnetic sensor that allow them to sense the magnetic lines of force from the earth. How else would they find there way home, when they are taken to a much different location.

As for bacon, I love it too, but don't eat very much. I have to watch my bad cholestrol.

Only animal in the UK, human isn't allowed.
That's not true, sludge routinely put on the fields.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008/aug/29/waste.recycling
The public doesn't much like incineration, and landfill space is running out. So 68% of our sludge is applied to fields, a fact that translated into newspaper headlines last month as "human sewage [is] used for our cereals," beside a photograph of a woman eating cornflakes. Reader reaction was predictable. One commenter swore never to shop at supermarkets again. Another pronounced the practice "disgusting".
**broken link removed**

I don't see the problem with it, it's perfectly natural for plants to use faeces as fertiliser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back