Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bacon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only do we eat foods fertilized with animal excrement, think about our water supply.

By the time the water in the river Thames UK, gets to London its been thru about three sets of human kidneys.!

If we want abundant, low cost food, using animal waste is something we have to accept.
What else would we do with all that crap.?:rolleyes:

Organic foods by definition are heavy in the use of waste compared to chemical fertilizers.

Last edited:
Not only do we eat foods fertilized with animal excrement, think about our water supply.

By the time the water in the river Thames UK, gets to London its been thru about three sets of human kidneys.!

If we want abundant, low cost food, using animal waste is something we have to accept.
What else would we do with all that crap.?:rolleyes:

Organic foods by definition are heavy in the use of waste compared to chemical fertilizers.

I've lived in the country all my life, I'm used to the "fresh country smells" :D

Mostly, round here, it's a mixture of cow manure and straw that's spread on the fields.

As you say Eric, 'organic' foods are grown using animal waste instead of chemical fertilisers - I see no problem with that, it's how nature works.

I've lived in the country all my life, I'm used to the "fresh country smells" :D

Mostly, round here, it's a mixture of cow manure and straw that's spread on the fields.

As you say Eric, 'organic' foods are grown using animal waste instead of chemical fertilisers - I see no problem with that, it's how nature works.

hi,
Looking at the pig foods you listed as nice in an earlier post, you should stay on our SA pig farm for a couple months,
you could really pig out.!
You would also have a choice of Goat, very nice curried, Lamb and Chicken and fresh eggs.

There is a big difference in taste and quality of own pig meats and the shop bought stuff we get over here.
The taste of pork meat in the UK just turns my stomach over, its uneatable.

As you say, as nature works, we must complete the food cycle loop.

Last edited:
Like I said above, human faeces isn't allowed as fertiliser in the UK, the article is about the remaining sludge after processing - which is a completely different thing.
What do you think the sludge is?

It's processed human faeces.

You need to eat many foods to be healthy.
Humans are not pigeons.

I think humans need some fat (with cholestrol) for good brain function. Does a pigeon have a brain??

Pigeons have brains, albeit small, very small.
But you'll be surprised, the best sources for omega3 - for good cholesterol - comes from seeds.
Now there's a head scratcher for you.

Well this thread has turned into $hit!;)

Hey that turkey bacon tastes pretty good! Thing is it lays kind of flat compared to rippled bacon. Turkey bacon almost suggests itself as being a dog's treat... wait... they already have a dog treat like that!

Down here we get macon. Probably for mock-bacon or something.
It's made from beef, but funny enough, it tastes like bacon and smells like bacon. Quite weird, but very enjoyable.

In Canada we have ordinary bacon that has a lot of fat, and Canadian Back Bacon that is lean. The back bacon isn't smoked and is something like ham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back