Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Back From Vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad you guys didnt live closer. You sound like rather knowledgeable and fun bunch to dive with. :)

We could bring frosty with so I can practice my rescue and recovery skills and get my certification for that all at the same time! :rolleyes: :D

Too bad you guys didnt live closer. You sound like rather knowledgeable and fun bunch to dive with. :)

We could bring frosty with so I can practice my rescue and recovery skills and get my certification for that all at the same time! :rolleyes: :D

Well you gonna have to pay for the beer in that case, and it better be a big case :p

Last edited:
It is not a good a idea to drink and dive, no pun intended. If you go deep you might puke into your regulator.

I copied this text from a dive site. The text is written by a doctor and addresses the issue of drinking and diving. Please take heed from the warnings, I once drank a bunch of beers and went diving, threw up under water and almost drowned. Dive sober.

Aside from the medical problems that may occur, a diver must keep his or her wits about at all times. Otherwise you may endanger yourself or your dive buddy, consider the latter next time you want to pop open a beer before a dive.

Sorry for the lecture.

Hey thanks for the lecture. Can I call you Dr. Lecter now ? ;)

Yeah I think a lot of my problems were caused by alcohol consumption before the dive. I am certain that the nose bleed I got during ascend has something to do with that. I will only dive sober from now...

I've pushed my air supply so close that I acutally ran out of air in the last 10 feet of my ascent! I don't know why, but I burn thru air like nobody's business. I'm not at all out of shape. I carry a little x-tra weight, but not all that bad. I haven't had much chance to dive since I left Cal in '99. Wish I had a dive buddy to dive florida with.

Any takers? :)

PS: I never drink and dive. However, I've been known to down a pitcher and pizza when the diving's over for the day. Funny story, after learning all about not drinking after the dive, we all went for beer and pizza to celibrate our certification dive, along with the instructors!

Last edited:
I can relate Gabe, I once had to dive with a bag of rocks to stay submerged, I guess I am buoyant. Funny thing is that I am skinny.

My brother-in-law tells a story about diving with insufficient weight. He gathered rocks from the bottom and slid them in his wet suit for weight. Also says he dived before BC inflators, and he had to inflate by mouth! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back