Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AVR Dragon: What's in the box

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can open the folder options and select file types, search for .CHM and then browse to hh.exe. That will tell Windows if you open that file to use hh and the program to handle that type file.

click my_computer, C_drive, folder_options, file_types, and it is clear from there.. find .chm and click browse.

Yes, the associations is correct. The error I've been getting is generated by hh.exe.

My registery seems to be the problem. Ran a utility that scans for problems (almost 400 found). Only thing about the registery I've ever understood, is don't mess with it. Wonder if I could just re-register hh.exe and fix it...

I've learned more about windows in the past week or so, then I've ever wanted to know about it.

Damn! I need a beer!!! Just got fixed. Too F...ing simple, damn microsoft anyway. I Googled the error message I kept getting (cut the path, too specific), and started checking links. Anyway, found a diagnostic utility, which told me everything was installed, current, and correctly registered. The link that suggested the diagnostic also suggested removing a hh.dat file from from \docs & Settings\apps\microSUX\help... Which is what ultimately fixed the problem.

Just finished printing all 27 pages (knew that laser printer was good for more than toner-transfer PCBs). Now to find some cables and connectors.

Nothing like missing a week of fun over Microsoft. You are not the first or last. :)

Back to my 2 week 16F88 delay. And I ecthed a board today to get rid of what I thought was the problem. That was not it.. Maybe it is company that starts with Micro that is the jinks? hahahahhaa.

Spent most of my free time for week, just trying to open one damn file. Got off cheap, and should be glad for that. Did learn that this computer is a mess. Several utilities reported hundreds of problems with my registery, so got to figure that it isn't all "buy my upgrade for $30" crap. Just have to hope it holds out until tax refund time.

I'm still looking at maybe two weeks before I'll burn (burn-up) my first microcontroller. I think I remember seeing some header pin connectors in my junk, but no idea where to start looking yet. Don't usually save a lot of wires like that.

I did a PCB today and for the first time put in a set of pins for the inchworm ICD2, sort of cool. I put jumper clips on the other end of the cable I made. Good thing. Laybe made mine VDD then VPP, do I can just clip on and flip those two pins.

But 3 boys in sports, a house, etc. I have not done anything but build the board and got the uCand battery plugged in.

Old days burn chip, move chip target. Tomorrow. I hook the ICD to it and play.. The uC I moved to the board has the same one with problems it had on the proto board. So I now know it is the code that is broke.. :)

Anyway. Never tried the jtag, but I did like the Atmel alot more than the PIC (BASIC and ASM).. So I think you will like it once you get one going..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back