AVR-basic compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue-Iris

AVR's...

I have been playing around with PIC's, but am now looking at avr's, does anyone know of a good avr-basic language to use? Something that lets you use sub routines and pass variables etc..

I bet it has been asked before, but I stumbled accross this site just recently and want to know what people are using at the moment

hi,
Look at the AVR Basic Language here: Oshon Software Homepage

Last edited:
It's not free, but it is good. BASCOM AVR

The trial version is free, and fully function, no time limit. Been using it for a while, no adware, spyware, any sort of crapware. The only limitation of the free version, is only get 4k, which is huge compared to the chips I use. Not sure if it's 4k of BASIC or Flash, but it's plenty for most chips. The retail version isn't super expensive either...

The manual is huge 700+ pages, well written with examples. Also has a built in simulator. You can burn chips too, but never tried it. I still load up AVR Studio to burn the Hex file.

The trial version is free, and fully function, no time limit.
Really!?! Did that change? I have this vague memory of the demo being useless, and didn't want to pay for it because I was mostly an assembler programmer. Anyway, long time ago...

The only limitation of the free version, is only get 4k, which is huge compared to the chips I use.
Generous for a demo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…