Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automotive Power Supply Regulator Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have decided to go with a switching regulator, due to the heat cause by a linear regulator. :)

I recommend housing the switching converter in a separate module. It is going to put out EMI which will wreak havoc with circuitry that has to read RF signals.

You can't believe how many hours I spent in an EMI chamber fighting with switchers to get them to meet the EMI limits needed for a given certification. That is a real nightmare. Hope you have an engineer who is versed in the art.

BTW: you can buy one of these for about $3.

Last edited:
NCV2575 (same as LM2575, but the NCV series is meant for automotive. I'm still not sure what the difference is)

I've not looked at the datasheet for either of those but often the automotive range of parts just have an extended working temperature range rather than being specifically designed for automotive load dumps etc.

I've not looked at the datasheet for either of those but often the automotive range of parts just have an extended working temperature range rather than being specifically designed for automotive load dumps etc.
Correct, it's a temp range designation. Unless it says load dump is built in, it is not. Very few parts have that feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back