Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

automotive battery pulse charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithautomike

ive worked as a auto tech most of my life and have read about pulse chargers that will revive sulfated batteries. i would like to modify my 10 amp charger to be a pulse charger but dont know how. ive searched the internet and this site but have come up empty. i dont know what frequency the chargers pulse at or whether the 115VAC input or the 12VDC output should be pulsed. any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. THANKS, mike

there is no point in pulsing the AC input asthis will only sucseed in breaking your charger what do you want to pulse the voltage or the ampage or both and at what frequency and also what range eg. 0v-12v or 6v-12v

Hiya Mike,
Talke a look at this link it's all about desulphating batteries and it should give you all the info you need
**broken link removed**
Cheers Bryan1 :D

The last link is for desufators; it may be a bit obscure
from there, but there is a discussion board for those
and other types at:
**broken link removed**

and some drawings for such at:
**broken link removed**

The desulfators can be easily modified to be straight
pulse chargers.

<als>

Status