Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

automatic street light control system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parth86

I want to design automatic street light control system using zigbee. I will control street light via PC

upload_2017-11-12_0-35-13.png

I just wanted to confirm my basic understanding about project. I have made diagram for automatic street light control system .

upload_2017-11-12_0-39-10.png

Am I missing something in block diagram ?

the Zigbee has IO pins that can connect direct to relay;
also instead of the maxrs232 chip, how bout a zigbee-to- usb chip

the Zigbee has IO pins that can connect direct to relay;
Yes agree.
BUT
You need to think about having "smarts" inside each light.
Who decides when the lights come on? The PC decides or each light turns when it is dark at that spot?
If every thought is in the PC then the light can be very dumb.
If each light can think then the PC is just a data logger.

I have never done on zigbee. I am monitoring street lights with PC. I think I don't need internet to monitor street light because of zigbee. Am I right ?

I was just thinking about design. How could we make better automatic street light control system

(at night) If there is no motion near the light then the light is at 1/4 power. When a car or person is moving then, full power.

What type of sensor is use to detect person or car. I think motion sensor because motion sensor is use to detect movement

I will make list of part that is need to make real project. I will come back again. any suggestion

What type of sensor is use to detect person or car.
There are motion detectors .....
Where I live they stopped using motion detectors and now use cameras. A computer like a Raspberry Pi 0 looks for motion.

My LED streetlights are a few years old and each one has a little antenna on top. Are they already controlled with ZigBee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back