Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automatic Mirror fold in fold out

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattyb

Ill happily admit i have no idea what so ever about this stuff you guys are talking about in here, but i did a search and read some comments an i think someone might be able to help me.

I want to hook up my mirrors on my car so that they unfold when you turn key on and turn the key off. i was thinking of setting these up on the lock door unlock door thingo, but since i have a mate whom also wants to use this item it would be no good, as his car has a anti hijack feature which locks the doors after you start moving. there could have been ways arround that but when i added the turbo timer into that i couldn't think how to do it. thats where i landed with this idea.

For protection of the mirror motors it needs a timed period. i dont know the current draw of mirrors so i was thinking of using relays for the main current transfer.

when the key is turned on is sends a signal to the relay for the set period of time. if possible use the same item to send a signal to the close relay for when the power is taken away (key turned off)

if the second one isnt possible i could set that up by using a cross over relay.

thanks

Matthew Bailey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back