Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automatic door for indoors!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELIEZER19_GT

Hi everyone!

I would like to build an automatic door opener for my bedroom.
What I like it to do is, to be open when I push the open button(it has to have 2 buttons for every side of the door) , but I would like ,that everytime I open it , the door delays 5 seconds before it begin to close.
And if it's possible I would like to add a display like a LCD or something that can be able to display the time left before the door gets closed,so if someone comes behind me ,he can realize that the door will close and i'ts better to wait ,or if he has enough time to pass through it.

I would really appreciate your help with this project .

Thanks in advance!!

The electronic part is simple, I will try to work something up. The mechanical part, that opens and closes the door is something else. A motor and lead screw comes to mind, but that might have enough power to injure someone. Perhaps a vacuum bellows would be better. Does the door latch when it is closed, or is it free to swing?

Hi Russlk ,

well ,respect to the mechanical parts I'm already trying to see how can I install it, but ,I'm not sure about the motor, i ask for some advice and some people tell me to use a simple motor like a fan or something ,but the problem is that the fan is A.C and i need a D.C motor ,however , I still looking for it , I look for something similar on internet and i think that a 24v motor will do the job.But if you know what motor can I use , I wil appreciate very much.
by the way, I'll prefer a door that opens like the supermarket. instead of the usual doors.

Thanks for your help!!

by the way, I'll prefer a door that opens like the supermarket. instead of the usual doors.

Im assuming you mean a pocket type sliding door ? A couple of ways to open and close a pocket door comes to mind, you could use a simple system of pulleys and cables driven by a motor or you could use a rack and pinion gear assembly. As for activation there are several means of doing it, from proximity sensors to manual push buttons. Prolly for something abit more futuristic looking, use a hand-swipe IR proximity sensor.

I remember seeing a pocket door that rose slightly when opened and would close by itself when released. I think it was on an incline. An automotive power seat or power window motor would be ideal for moving the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back