Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audioguru's fabled preamp, plus more! A query

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordfiend

Hello All!

First of all I would like to thank Audioguru for making his TL071 circuit available to us and all forum members for being helpful for all the questions. I have been stalking the forums and finally made an account to ask a question. I am no electrical engineer and its been while I worked with them.

I want to scale the circuit using TL074 and make 4 channel preamp. 4 electret mics output 4 different outputs. I went this way instead of using 4 TL071 circuits just because this has only one IC. I wanted to know what changes do I have to make in the TL071 circuit if at all. Do I replicate the components used by the mics or is there some smart way to minimize the components.

Thanx in advance

Regards

You should be able to share some components. Post the schematic and we can have a look at which ones.

Here is the original single preamp using a TL071 single opamp and it modified with four opamps using a TL074 quad opamp:

Attachments

• 4 mic preamps.png
    4 mic preamps.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 636
ronv - Sorry I was going to upload the circuit I came up with today but looking at audioguru's circuit, mine looks like a juvenile fatal attempt.

audioguru - Thank you for the schematic. I forgot to mention I made 071 and it works like a charm. I will try this and give feedback. I intend to convert the signal to digital and use speech recognition to convert speech to text and if I use LME49740 will it make a lot of difference?

Thank You

The LME49740 is an excellent quad audio opamp, much better than the TL07x opamps. But its very high frequency response might cause oscillations if its circuit is built on a solderless breadboard. Its high frequency response also causes ringing and maybe oscillation if it drives an audio cable with a capacitance higher than 100pF so add a series 100 ohm resistor to its output when it drives a shielded audio cable.

Hee, hee. The LME49740 is not very old but its datasheet shows it being used as a record player or tape player (remember them?) preamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back