Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audioguru is still alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

audioguru

Most Helpful Member
Hi folks,
I was away for a few days because I had a heart attack.:(
I am an ex-smoker and am an old geezer (63) with heart problems in my family.
Maybe I ate too much junk food. I should exercise more.

I got to the hospital in time and they fixed my heart with two stenths (metal mesh cylinders) inserted into two blocked arteries with a balloon in a tube in my arteries. I watched.

I had a great time chasing the pretty young nurses.:)
Now I am better than new.

hi,
Get well and keep well.
**broken link removed**

Good to hear your still able to chase the nurses. I had the exact same thing 4 years ago with the same outcome - 2 stents. Main difference was I was 46. Good thing is that they found the problem and now it's fixed.

Don't worry, you'll soon get used to the new diet.:D

Mike.

Thanks, guys.
I am supposed to take it easy for a week to let the big hole (like a pencil?) in my groin heal. They inserted a tube there during my heart operation.
I am still covered with ECG sensor pads.

Get well soon. Hope it's not one of those third world ECGs that some student built with a LM741 :)
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
A large part of having a quick recovery is a proper mind set. :D

adversity[1].jpg

The pretty young nurses took good care of me.:)
The paging in the hospital was for a Code-yellow (missing patient- me).

There was a criminal across the hall from me guarded by two police. I think he was shot.

Most ECG units used 10 probes. Two were portable radio transmitters.
The blood-pressure cuff was on a timer and I laughed each time it strangled my arm when it waked me up.

I thought where you went. Spend some off time in beaches while evenings..reduce hours in front of the computer should be ok. Taking regular exercises very important.

Hi AG,

Glad to hear you're OK. Now you're good for at least another 20 years.:D

I got the heart attack after running down and back up the stairs with my new "Spy Ear". If I was running down and back up the street instead then I would be gone now.

:eek: Sorry to hear about that AG, but glad to see that you're on the mend and back with us so soon.

Take care.
:)

My new "Spy Ear" cost $1.00 at The Dollar Store. Its replacement button battery cell also costs $1.00 and it comes with one plus pretty good bud earphones.

It has a flat frequency response from about 200Hz to 30kHz.

Its sensitivity is the same as my hearing so it is absolutely useless.

Glad you are on the mend, take good care of yourself - there are students out there you haven't helped yet! (their homework won't just write itself you know!)

Regards

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back