Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio playback by pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest problem with low frequency sample rates is the lack of filtering prior to sampling. Whatever frequency you sample at it is imperative that you filter any frequency above half your sample frequency. Good software should be able to sample at high frequency, filter, and then resample at the lower frequency. If you simply sample at a lower frequency you will just get lots of noise.

Mike.

To get an idea of what can be accomplished with a PIC using 8-bit sampling visit

**broken link removed**

This is some experiments I made a couple of years ago. Please keep in mind that no pre filtering was performed on the samples and only a simple RC filter was used on the output. Also keep in mind that the audio was sampled on 1 16f877a, transmitted/received serially thru the uarts and then converted back to analog data in a second 16f877a using either R2R or PWM.

mikerey35475 said:
To get an idea of what can be accomplished with a PIC using 8-bit sampling visit....

EEK! A very, very, very distorted The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night song. Even worse than when I first heard it on an awful AM radio about 42 years ago.

Then even worse was a very, very, very distorted American guy counting with a very, very, very strong southern American accent.

Y'all come back now, y'hear?:D

EDIT: I especially liked to hear the number "Tayan".

Last edited:
mikerey35475 said:
To get an idea of what can be accomplished with a PIC using 8-bit sampling visit

**broken link removed**

This is some experiments I made a couple of years ago. Please keep in mind that no pre filtering was performed on the samples and only a simple RC filter was used on the output. Also keep in mind that the audio was sampled on 1 16f877a, transmitted/received serially thru the uarts and then converted back to analog data in a second 16f877a using either R2R or PWM.

Thank you mikerey. but i can't pop-up the link which you provided:(.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back