Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio oscillators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manihigh

Howdy there all you hyper electrons. I am experimenting with audio oscillators and have been having some albeit limited success. I am trying to create groovy sounc effects for making toys and alarms and music machines.
Oscillator types I've been using/crating are basic 2 transistor types and 555 multivibrators with a few logic gates to vary sequence of outputs etc.

I would really appreciate any ideas/schematics showing how to create some really funky sounds (eg Lazers(althoug I've got a few of them downpat), Train horns, Hyperdrives (although again I have them fairly under control.)
I'd like to know if I can use crystal oscillators for audio rather than rf out put.

Any input would be greatly appreciated thanks.

LETS RECYCLE THE TECHNO WASTE--> OUR CHILDREN WILL THANK US!

sound effects

I don't know how you feel about dabbling with micros, but it's a good way to generate some flexible sound effects. I seem to remember National Semi had a very good app. note on the subject for their COP8 micros, the examples were in assembler and simple enough to translate to the micro of your choice. Sorry, my NS apps databook is buried somewhere in storage, so I can't easily locate the note for you. You might try searching the MicroChip archives as well, it's probably been covered there too.

- CAL

I don't think I've ever seen a crystal with a fundamental frequency within the audio range. It would be unusual therefore expensive.

Thanks

Thanks all for replies. Thats an OK on the crystals and the chips. I was trying to keep it discreet (component wise that is ) but no suggestion goes unappreciated. Thanks and any more ideas would be well welcomed.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back