Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio Mixer - First post and first project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

miks4d

G'day,

I need an audio mixer to mix guitar, stereo audio & a drum machine. I know I could probably get one off the shelf probably cheaper than what it would cost me but what would that teach me? ;)

I am a novice at electronics but thought with a bit of help with design I will be able to build one and learn a ton about electronics along the way to move on to bigger and better projects.

I have attached a picture of what I basically want to achieve and I was hoping people maybe able to help with the design and a parts list to help make it happen.

Thanks
miks4d

I see you are in Australia, both Jaycar and Altronics stores sell small kits for audio mixers, they are fairly cheap and come complete with nice PCB and everything you need except the pretty plastic knobs and power supply.

Since you mentioned "learning along the way" a kit will give you a reliable and good sounding result and still provide a lot of learning experience.

Take a look at Elliot Sound Products (Rod Elliot). There are lots of articles and schematics for projects including mixers.

**broken link removed**

In particular, his universal preamp/mixer may be of interest as a building block for your project.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back