Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio Input Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanHatch

Hello, I have two questions having to do with audio inputs. The first one is: On my input jack, there are 4 prongs, I was wondering, does it matter which one of these you make "hot" and which one "ground"? If it does, how do you know which to use? The second question is: How to a bypass the circuit that is within the two "hot" ends of the Jacks, can I just do this with some sort of switch, if so, what kind?

when you say input jack, do you mean like a headphone, or auxilary input? And if so it does matter. If your using Mono, I guess not really, but stereo it does. And to bypass, yes. You could probably do it with a toggle switch. Post more info on what kind of audio input your working with.

I am making an effects peddle for a guitar, so I'm pretty sure the sound would be mono? Anyway all these inputs look like is the metal cylinder encased in a square of plastic, and each corner has a prong.

you are using a ring tipped sleeve ..yes this matters tip is hot....next ring ig is ground ...dont short this connection you if this a good amp like a marshal you will just blow a fuse in the affects loop .........if this directly to the preamp be careful ...the pre amp is not as strong as the power amp..........if this is a circuit board amp be sure of you connections and use a standard a-b switch you are making a very simple connection..make sure when the jack is plugged in the contact touching the tip is hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back