Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio ground!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackdaniel

Heya all,

someone here posted the audio ground must not be connected directly to powersupply ground! So i am in a big doubt regarding my 5.1 amp which i built a few months ago. So please take a look to the picture below which shows exactly how i connected the audio ground to supply ground! (there is hum through my speakers) and the powersupply to the "audio source" in the circuit below has taken directly from the same supply... So Please tell me if there is a problem..

Attachments

• Jmw.jpg
    Jmw.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 156
Your diagram actually looks OK (no apparent ground loops or other obvious errors), but it's impossible to tell without knowing more about how the power supply itself is grounded. Also, are you sure the power supply ripple is sufficiently filtered? That could explain the hum you're hearing. Give us more details on the power supply, please.

the supply is well filtered by 2200uf/25v caps, and what do u mean with the powersupply "itself grounded"? What kinda ground is that? Pls explain me..

the supply is well filtered by 2200uf/25v caps, and what do u mean with the powersupply "itself grounded"? What kinda ground is that? Pls explain me..

How is the power supply ground (or negative rail) connected to the amplifier ground? I'm talking about the physical connection as well as the electrical configuration: size and length of wires, etc.

Do not connect your input ground to the power supply ground or the output ground.

like the Pic shows i connected the audio ground directly to powersupply ground! Please check out the pic i posted above and post #1.the supply to the audio source(USB mp3 player) used the same powersupply from the same transformer!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back