Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio Frequency Detection

Status
Not open for further replies.
how about this bandpass filter? its supposed to allow 60Hz-340Hz. I was playing around with FilterLab. I am not too experienced with multi-stage filters but i think this is a butterworth filter. The only problem is i can not rebuild the circuit, cause i forgot the attenuation values i used. Nonetheless, i think it should work fine with x10-x20 gain preamp.

Ohh and i noticed that i have to be very precise with R values when building multi-stage filters. Correct observation?

Do you think this filter will solve my problem?

COMMENT ON EPE PIC-A-TUNER:
That is some hardcore assembly, i can not follow where they are actually digitally filtering the non-fundamental frequencies.

NOISE REDUCTION:
I'm planning to wrap all my audio carriers with aluminum wire mesh (mosquito screens - i dunno if thats what its called but you kno what i mean). That should help?

NOTE:
I'm using TL084 for opamps and LM386 for preamp.

Thanks in advance,
transistance

Attachments

• bandpass 60-340.jpg
    bandpass 60-340.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
https://www.schickt.de/data/gimmick/theGIMMICK_sch_0.73.pdf

Here is the schematic of a what seems to be a fairly nice digital guitar tuner. Unfortunately the project owner only has the .hex file shared, I was wondering what the use of that comparator was? can anyone share some ideas? Could I use this circuit up to only a certain node before the comparator to achieve my fundamental frequency filtering? Or is the comparator there to capture the first fundamental of the polyphony?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back