Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio for a motion sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poncho

Hi,
I'm building a door chime based on the PIR sensors,but I can't find a suitable "ding dong" tone generator circuit .
I bought a motion sensor kit from Elenco Kits which uses one microprocessor for generating the tone I don´t know where to find a dealer for that chip .
Any help with this project will be much appreciated .
Thank you .

Poncho.

franciscampov@yahoo.com

With a basic stamp (from parallax inc) you could make a doorbell very easily, one pin for input (button) and one pin for output (sound). Then you could easily make your own tones and have some fun at the samt time.

You program them directly through the serial port of your computer so it's really easy to do...

That's prob. what the microprocessor you're talking about does, I just don't know any easy way to make a "ding-dong" tone using basic components.

Good Luck
//Albert "thec" Sandberg

why bother with microprocessors.....
u can use ht-2811 chip wich generates a simple ding-dong sound,
or 2 555 timers as oscilators....
if u have any other ideas...

The fun thing with micro processors are that you could make them play any song you care to program then somebody push the button.

But sure, you could make a buzzing sound easily without of course, but I just like to code I guess :)

//Albert "thec" Sandberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back