Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio Filter FFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

spuffock

I would like to learn something about the fast fourier transform, in particular it would be nice to look at some code for a dsPIC33F. All I have managed to dig up so far starts straight in with math that would make Uncle Albert think a bit, and my understanding stops short of the calculus.
As a first thing to play with, I have a project for disco lighting which would need a spectrum analyser type output, and it would be nice to know what I could expect in terms of number of channels, repetition rate, etc.
Can anyone point me in a direction, maybe not even the right one?

If you check the PICList there's an OLD project creating an audio spectrum analyser using (I think?) a 17 series PIC, and it even drives a VGA monitor directly.

It should be fairly 'easy' to convert to what you want.

Maths wise though, FFT is VERY complicated!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back