Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

audio DAC filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

arivel

Hello everybody . I would like to ask a question about audio DACs. I would like to know if it is possible to insert the two low-pass and high-pass filters between the current output and the current / voltage converter. the first on one channel and the second on the other channel.

if it is possible to insert the two low-pass and high-pass filters between the current output and the current / voltage converter. the first on one channel and the second on the other channel.
Not readily.
The output is a current and would need to be converted to a voltage to perform the filtering.

Why not put the filters at the output of the current/voltage converter, as would normally be done?

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to remove the crossover between amplifier and speakers.
I had thought of putting it in front of the amplifier but I don't think it's feasible because of the low input impedance of my amplifier.

remaining on the first question, is it possible to insert a resistance between the current output of the DAC and the filter in order to limit the current?
after doing this does the I / V converter that comes after work well?

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to remove the crossover between amplifier and speakers.
I had thought of putting it in front of the amplifier but I don't think it's feasible because of the low input impedance of my amplifier.

I'm VERY sorry, but it's patently obvious that you don't have the slightest idea what you're doing :confused:

You 'can' put filters in front of amplifiers, and it's quite commonly done - BUT you then need separate amplifiers for each speaker (so one amp for bass speakers, one amp for tweeters - and one amp for midrange 'if used').

You also use active filters in such cases, not crude passive ones.

The DAC thing makes no sense at all, but if you give us some clue EXACTLY what you're trying to do (rather than how you're trying to do it), we can perhaps make some suggestions.

Hi.
I already knew what you said.
it serves no purpose to mortify people except to exalt their own ego. it was enough to say your opinion without attacking people.

remaining on the first question, is it possible to insert a resistance between the current output of the DAC and the filter in order to limit the current?
after doing this does the I / V converter that comes after work well?
No, that makes no sense.
A current output, outputs a specific current, whose value determines the signal level.
What's the purpose of adding a resistor to "limit the current", which would have the effect of changing the signal level?
If you want voltage than you use an I/V converter and do the filtering after that.

It would appear that you need to go back and restudy some basic circuit analysis of voltage and current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back