Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedail

i want sound cuircuit from digital to analog

but i don't know is it 32 or 8 bits
and how can i use soround sound on it

Please provide more information.

You can use an R2R network to convert digital to analogue but I don't think this is what you want to do.

i want to build a PCI Sound Card so i want to build the sound circuit
but i want to know how to build it by digital to analog do i need to IC decoder or DAC and how much the length from 8 ro 32

Perhaps the datasheet for a single chip soundcard IC would be useful to study:

**broken link removed**

A complete soundcard based on this chip only costs Can$14 at my local computer store, so it hardly seems worth it to build one.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Why would you want to? - you can buy them for next to nothing - assuming you could even source the parts required it would cost a LOT more.

sometimes its just more fun to do it yourself. you learn more about electronics. when you buy everything ready made you dont learn a lot. E.g im trying to transmit data at the moment i could easily go out and spend extra on a fancy transmitter that does manchester encoding and CRC but then i dont learn anything. it becomes just joining blocks of premade hardware onto each other which doesnt truley teach you electronics and doesnt help your engineering abilities develop because it requires minimal understanding

cyprio7 said:
sometimes its just more fun to do it yourself. you learn more about electronics. when you buy everything ready made you dont learn a lot. E.g im trying to transmit data at the moment i could easily go out and spend extra on a fancy transmitter that does manchester encoding and CRC but then i dont learn anything. it becomes just joining blocks of premade hardware onto each other which doesnt truley teach you electronics and doesnt help your engineering abilities develop because it requires minimal understanding

You don't learn much by buying a specific surfacemount IC and following the datasheet - which is all you would be doing - particularly as it's got to remain 100% compatible with the manufacturers device drivers, unless you were going to write your own Windows and Linux device drivers?.

yea you are right, I was talking more in general, but i think minimising use of premade hardware for example improves your skills even if it is just reading and interpreting a datasheet properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back