Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio Amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

catcat

I could never find good explenations, schematic examples, and the ups and downs of class a, ab, ab1, ab2, c, d, e apmlifiers.

Where have you looked? I've seen many good explanations.

I google searched and looked through at least 30 pages and nothing.

In Google I searched for Class A Amplifier and got 1.2 million hits and the 1st page is excellent.

I only got hits for class a and some not-so-helpful ones for b.

catcat said:
They dont give schematic examples of them.
The class-A amplifier is too simple to show. The article assumes that the reader knows a little about a basic transistor class-A amplifier.
The article has an example circuit of a Practical Class-AB Power Amplifier, like is used in many opamps and audio ICs.

A class-C amplifier is full of distortion so is never used for audio, just for RF where there is a tuned circuit and filters to remove the interfering distortion, and you must know RF to use it.

A class-D or class-H amplifier is too complicated to show in an article that describes them. You can find ICs that do it.

I know how a basic class a works. But for the others you need to identify and/or build them, you need to see the component placement and how they look on schematic.

Last edited:
Catcat

Try this link my.integritynet.com.au/purdic/rf_amp.htm if you haven't already.

AllVol

audioguru said:
A class-C amplifier is full of distortion so is never used for audio, just for RF where there is a tuned circuit and filters to remove the interfering distortion, and you must know RF to use it.

I actually needed an rf amp too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back