Audio Amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

catcat

I could never find good explenations, schematic examples, and the ups and downs of class a, ab, ab1, ab2, c, d, e apmlifiers.

In Google I searched for Class A Amplifier and got 1.2 million hits and the 1st page is excellent.

catcat said:
They dont give schematic examples of them.
The class-A amplifier is too simple to show. The article assumes that the reader knows a little about a basic transistor class-A amplifier.
The article has an example circuit of a Practical Class-AB Power Amplifier, like is used in many opamps and audio ICs.

A class-C amplifier is full of distortion so is never used for audio, just for RF where there is a tuned circuit and filters to remove the interfering distortion, and you must know RF to use it.

A class-D or class-H amplifier is too complicated to show in an article that describes them. You can find ICs that do it.

I know how a basic class a works. But for the others you need to identify and/or build them, you need to see the component placement and how they look on schematic.

Last edited:
Catcat

Try this link my.integritynet.com.au/purdic/rf_amp.htm if you haven't already.

AllVol

audioguru said:
A class-C amplifier is full of distortion so is never used for audio, just for RF where there is a tuned circuit and filters to remove the interfering distortion, and you must know RF to use it.

I actually needed an rf amp too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…