Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio Amp questions/changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the mixer has a 3-wire grounded electrical plug like the drum module, lay an AC extension cord so that both are plugged into the same outlet. That stops a ground loop.

audioguru has the right idea, try to get every 3 prong cord connected to the same outlet, including the amp's 3 prong cord.

If it still hums, then something is dodgy in one piece of gears internal grounding.

If you still get a hum, then it is possible that the outlet you are using has an issue with the Neutral wire, the Ground wire, or both.

i tested the outlets and they are fine, ill plug the 3 prong cords into one circuit and everything else into the other circuit

ok I have an overhead swaring of the basement and the outlet positions as well as their breaker#

ill bring that up and list whats on each circuit.

I have to get some bigger surge protectors...i have one plugged into another because these wall transformer type units are big.

Last edited:
OK got that list done.....we have a bunch of things plugged in down here.

ill attach the files.

file one is the photo layout of the basement...outlets area the red boxes and the 20 and 21 are the breaker #s which are both installed in the main circuit panel (not the sub panel)

file two is the list of whats plugged into what circuit.

there's a bunch of outlets on circuit 20 but circuit 21 can have 3 added to it and ill probably end up doing that so i don't have extension cords running all over the place.

Attachments

• basement layout 1.JPG
    basement layout 1.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 112
  • whats on each outlet in basement.txt
    469 bytes · Views: 117
audioguru said:
If the mixer has a 3-wire grounded electrical plug like the drum module, lay an AC extension cord so that both are plugged into the same outlet. That stops a ground loop.

You can still get ground loops off a single socket just the same, it's just that the wires causing it are a little shorter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back