Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ATX psu repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBG

hi, i am trying to repair old atx psu,and i need some help
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
it wont start, when i short green and red just clicks once.
checked 4 diodes, 2 big condesers, three primary transistors (13007), secondaru condensers(just bigger ones, marked blue), three diodes looked like transistors. tere is 310v on primary, and 5v on pin 9 is present. ic is AT2005
what can i do next? thanks

Try putting a minimum load of about 5 Amps on the 5 volt line. Some PSU's require a minimum load to run.

hi, i am trying to repair old atx psu,and i need some help
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
it wont start, when i short green and red just clicks once.
checked 4 diodes, 2 big condesers, three primary transistors (13007), secondaru condensers(just bigger ones, marked blue), three diodes looked like transistors. tere is 310v on primary, and 5v on pin 9 is present. ic is AT2005
what can i do next? thanks

Hi,, am New to site, so am learning my around and couldn't find your response,, did the load o as prescribed work for you?

I cant zoom in enough, double check the areas I have arrowed for shorts. Its hard to tell from the pic you posted, but I can see possible shorts?? Could just be the pic, but worth a check, some atx need the stable wire connected as well, and a small load on all rails, normally the older types.

Some just never work again.............

screenshot-www.electro-tech-online.com-2017-03-01-18-35-40.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back